Hi dear readers !
As I promised you yesterday, here’s my Valentine’s Day manicure :)
One of the only occasions for me to wear something with hearts, ’cause I don’t really like that shape :p It’s not that I’m in a bad feeling with hearts, but it’s just like if you don’t like squares or stars …
This year, I chose to go pink for that day (last year’s nail art was red). I used OPI Got a Date To-Knight as a base but I would have prefer something softer, Got a Date came out to be more flashy than in the bottle.
As I wasn’t really inspired, I decided to make a design from this blog. Here is the result:
How to do this design ?
– Apply a soft pink on the whole nail and let dry.
– Take a small amount of pink/holo glitter polish (here: China Glaze Carnival Lights) and paint from the tip to the nail bed, to create a gradient. You can also sponge it, if you prefer.
– With a red striper, or a red polish and a liner brush, draw red the red lines (I used China Glaze Phat Santa)
– With a white striper or a white polish and a liner, draw the white lines (Essence Tip Painter in White)
– Add a coat of thin and discreet glitter top coat (Essence Glitter Top Coat)
– While the top coat is still wet, add rhinestones where the lines cross. You can also add hearts shaped stones, or replace the round rhinestones by squared ones.
– Seal the stones with a clear top coat. I prefer to use thick ones over rhinestones, so I chose Poshe top coat this time.
This is something you can do easily, drawing straight lines with a striper is really easier than it seems :)
I think I’ll do this design with other colors or to lighten up a french mani :)
Do you like it ?